Monday 24 March 2014

Work in Progress on the Design Wall


Monday:

My Jigsaw quilt centre is finished. I'm working on the pieced inner border.


Jigsaw Quilt from Two from One Jelly Roll Quilts by Pam and Nicky Lintott, made in "Metropolitan Fair" by Barbara Brackman for Moda

I love this pattern, and so far it has all gone together very smoothly. I think I shall be making another one soon, but in softer fabrics.



Update Wednesday:


Now the top is finished and it's off the wall and waiting for me to get some backing fabric. Meanwhile I have other projects to keep me occupied.





Happy Sewing

Marly.

12 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

It's gonna be a beauty!

sherry said...

your quilt is going to be lovely when it is finished...don't forget to show us

Dasha said...

That is great progress Marly!

Vireya said...

It looks beautiful!

Ramona said...

Your colors are just beautiful... so soft and soothing. Great job piecing. It looks perfect! Gorgeous.

Ruth said...

Really like the colours and the colour placement in this!

Vera said...

Looking good! I also like the color combo.

Lorna McMahon said...

Gorgeous quilt top, Marly! Great job! Hope you enjoy your wait for the backing fabric by finding something fun to work on to pass the time. Looking forward to seeing how you quilt it!

Serena @ Sewgiving said...

Wow! I love this quilt ... looks like a lot of work, but also definitely worth it :)

Andrea @ Mouse in My Pocket said...

This is lovely. Any ideas on how you will quilt it?

Rachel said...

Interesting! Those big triangles read as a single piece. I was wondering how you managed that with a jelly roll. Very nice work

Karen@littlebirdiequilting said...

the colours you've chosen all look really great together!