Tuesday 27 February 2018

February's monthly goal ...


... for One Monthly Goal was to at least start quilting the rainbow bears square dance.


Well I've started.


Using the walking foot I've nearly finished quilting wobbly lines in the negative space / wide sashings. Originally I was going to do straight lines, but there was a practical problem as the sashings are different widths, and I couldn't work out how to manage the transition from wide to narrower. This way the lines just wobble closer together. All this wobbling: the bears not only stepped in the paint pots, they partook of a wee dram too many as well!

This will carry over to my goal for March as I still have to quilt the bears' paws. That will be FMQ; probably also wobbly lines, although not deliberately!

I'm linking up to

 http://www.elmstreetquilts.com/2018/02/one-monthly-goal-february-finish-link-up.html

Click on the button to see what other crafters have achieved this month.


Happy sewing

Marly.

10 comments:

Patty said...

Perfect quilting choice! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the bright colors with the black

Barb Neiwert said...

What a pretty quilt! I love Bear Paws and your squiggly lines are just right for it. Have fun quilting the rest!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I laughed about your squiggly lines. Doesn't it feel good to have it done. :)

Bonnie said...

Isn't OMG the BOMB! It really helps us get going. Great looking quilt and you are making great progress on the quilting. I'm all for "chunking" goals. Set doable goals each month and the next thing you know the project is done! That is one gorgeous quilt.

Lisa J. said...

Yes my free motion quilting would probably be wobbly as well. The quilt is very pretty!

Mystic Quilter said...

So happy to see you're on to the quilting of this beautiful quilt I'm a huge fan of simple quilting so love your wavy lines.

Kaja said...

Wavy lines look very nice, and contrast with the straight lines of the piecing too.

Sandy Panagos said...

The wavy lines were the perfect choice. Those pesky bears with their one too many. Did they are least share? lol

Kate @ Smiles From Kate said...

Yay for wiggly lines, they hide a multitude of sins. Looks great too!